Thursday, May 29, 2008

Puppy’s personality can be tested

Now that we’re getting ready to buy a puppy, it’s important to be able to read a pup’s personality.

I was excited to hear about the Puppy Potential Evaluation -- a series of exercises that test a puppy’s personality, including confidence, submission/dominance, problem-solving, stress recovery, courage, prey drive, etc.

The most surprising quality tested is “forgiveness” -- seeing if the pup will still come when called after the tester has held it off the ground in a position of no control.

Hmm… I’m not sure if I would pass that test.

It would be useful to have simple tests like these in dealing with other humans. The Dating Potential Evaluation, maybe?

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Sign me up for the dating one Lynne...lol.. I could use all the help I can get

Anonymous said...

I know I wouldn't pass that test. It's interesting. I guess it would give some idea about the pup's personality, but I hope someone doesn't take it too seriously and end up with a really energetic pup when they expected a more mellow dog.