Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grief goes on, and so will this blog

After my latest grief meltdown, I realized that this blog must continue -- for me and for others. For others because I keep getting comments and emails from readers who say that this blog is really helping them face the end of their own dog’s life. I know from experience that there are very few places online that address the death of a beloved pet. I am honored that Winston’s story has value for them.

And this blog must continue for me because I will always love Winston. Grieving his death will be a lifelong process. I will never forget him for as long as I live, and there will be times when I will want and need to write about it.

I believe that his spirit lives on and visits sometimes, and our relationship continues to grow until we meet again at the place that some call the Rainbow Bridge and others call Dog Heaven.

2 comments:

Sames Blogs said...

BARK! We just found your blog. Mommy sends tears for you. She is prepared for my short life, but enjoying every minute we are around. Can we put you on our blog?
Sasha- The Princess!

Lynne said...

Yes, Mindy Lu, please do put us on your blog. Your Dane's World blog is added to our blog list on our blog, too.