Thursday, October 23, 2008

My dog came back from heaven

We took the new Great Dane pup to an outdoor coffee shop where we used to take Winston. They happened to have a street fair, so we walked through it, having lots of fun as people petted and marveled over our new Great Dane puppy.

We stopped to listen to a live singer-guitarist, and she launched into “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLaughlin -- the very song that I played over and over in Winston’s last weeks, while he was dying…!

I will remember you.
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by.
Weep not for the memories.

It brought tears to my eyes as I felt Winston with us. But I knew that he wanted me to have fun, not cry because I still miss him.

1 comment:

Sames Blogs said...

Note from Mommy: Aww, that is so sweet. I lost my kitty of 17 years last Thanksgiving. Sometimes I think I hear her odd meow when there is total silence in the house.
Sasha is 8 y/o's and still going strong (Fawn). Max is 6.
Sasha is a dominant female, who bosses Max around. Took a couple months for her to even let him near her. She now tolerates him. Since she plays so rough, they dont play too often. Mostly just "posing" and nudging each other. Max wants to play bitey face, which Sasha isnt interested in.
-- Mindy Lu